Some of the things that have been shared with me or caught my attention in the last week or so. This is very engineering heavy this time.
- How to Slowly Build Trust with Your Staff Engineers
- Knowing When to Say No
- Prioritization, multiple work streams, unplanned work - Oh My! I’ve had to lead teams with multiple work streams - glad to see I mostly followed these recommendations to keep the madness constrained.
IoT and Hardware
- Create Bluetooth Low Energy Applications with C# and BleuIO
- Introducing LE Audio – The Use Cases It is tricky to get it working correctly. I’ll be referring to this article from the Bluetooth SIG when I try again.
- Pycom GPy - WiFi, Bluetooth LE and LTE-M A new, interesting tri-band microcontroller that’s already out of stock.
- Seeed partners with Balena to enable container-based application deployment and fleet management for embedded devices At the intersection of IoT and the Cloud.
Someone Else’s Computer
All things cloud. Lately, I’ve been refreshing my memory on microservices and containers.
- Control startup and shutdown order in Compose
- Dockerizing Node
- Persist the DB
- Two reasons Kubernetes is so complex
- An Old Photo of a Very Large BBS
- Raspberry Pi Console Matrix Screensaver Running on my workbench right now.
Not Engineering Related
- Goth Lunar Hoodie I want this hoodie. I spotted it on DJ Maus (see below in Music) recently.
- DJ Maus I’m a fan of Communion After Dark and DJ Maus especially. See always dresses and does makeup with a great goth aesthetic and picks great tracks.
- MODEified I just learned about this series of covers by fans and artists of Depeche Mode. So many good tracks. Some needing more work.
- RGB 32-Band Audio Spectrum Visualizer I kinda want to build one of these. I miss the audio spectrum analyzer I used to pump Depeche Mode into in college.
Yes, this could go under engineering, but it is one of my favorite non-work areas to learn about.
- Primordial Comic (Cover picture above) I picked up Issue 5 of 6 of this Cold War, Alt-History, Space Race, Anthropomorphic Thriller last week. The final issue comes out on February 16th.
- How the Soviets Put a Lander on Venus
- 13 Problems Firstborn Siblings Can Relate To “Older siblings tend to get parentalized [turned into parents].” Yes, yes I did.
Definitely needs more balance between engineering and non-engineering stuff :) See you next week with that!